UMET - Coming to the lab
At the university
On the campus, the laboratory is located in buildings
All are a couple of steps away (red itinerary on the map) from the metro station Cité Scientifique on line 1, yellow line.
By car, arrive on the campus at the "4 Cantons" metro station and follow the blue itinerary on the map.
To come to the campus from Lille or the Lille-Flandres and Lille-Europe train stations, we recommend you take the metro to the station Cité Scientifique using line 1 heading towards 4 cantons, in yellow on the map.
For more information, have a look at this map. For time tables, and prices: Transpole.
Most trains from Paris arrive at the Gare Lille-Flandres (1 hour by high speed train - TGV). Trains from other french regions and from the Charles de Gaulle airport (Roissy) arrive at the Gare Lille-Europe. Eurostars (from London and Brussels) also arrive at Lille-Europe. Both railway stations are in the center of Lille at only a few hundred of meters from each other.
The easiest way for reaching the Campus Cité Scientifique at Villeneuve d'Ascq is the underground: from Lille-Flandres (line n. 1) to stations Cité Scientifique. From Lille-Europe take line n.2 (direction St Phillibert) and change line at the Lille-Flandres station. Otherwise you can reach the Lille Flandres Station by feet.
- From the North (Gand), follow indications Lille (Rijsel) then Villeneuve d'Ascq-Paris, exit Cité Scientifique
- From North-West (Tournai-Bruxelles), first exit after the belgian border (Villeneuve d'Ascq) and immediatly follow indications to Cité Scientifique
- From South (Paris), follow indications Gand-Valenciennes-Villeneuve d'Ascq, exit Cité Scientifique
- From East (Dunkerque-Calais), follow indications Paris then Villeneuve d'Ascq, exit ... Cité Scientifique.
- Flights arriving at the Lille-Lesquin Airport (LIL) mostly come from major french cities and some (rare) international cities. To reach the Campus take a taxi (3 km).
- The Charles de Gaulle airport of Paris (CDG) is at only 1 hour from Lille by TGV (high speed train). On request Air France sells tickets which include the CDG-Lille Europe (XDB) segment in correspondance with a AF flight (Formule TGV Air).
- Brussels airport (BRU) is at about 2 hours from Lille by train or even less by car. Take the train from the airport to the Central railway station of Brussels (Gare du Midi) then the high speed train to Lille-Europe (Eurostar, Thalys ou TGV) (38 minutes). By car follow the indications to Mons-Paris, then after Mons those for Tournai-Lille.
- Brussels-South-Charleroi (CRL) airport is at about 1h30 from the Campus by car. Take the direction of Mons, then Tournai and follow the indications above (North-West). CRL airport is mainly used by Ryanair