The Unité Matériaux et Transformations and Société Française des Microscopies invite you to a special scientific day in the honour of Jean-Paul Morniroli for its important contributions to electron microscopy and electron diffraction.
The event will be held at the CERLA, university of Lille on the 1st of July 2010.
Invited speakers will cover the main aspects of electron diffraction for microstructural characterization in materials science, from theoretical and experimental points of views.
- 10:00: Welcome
- 10:20: Interpretation of innovative experiments with a TEM, John Steeds (H.H. Wills Phys. Lab., Bristol)
- 10:50 : Microdiffraction : (Towards) a routine technique for crystal structure characterisation, Abdelkrim Redjamia (IJL, Nancy)
- 11:20 : Electron diffraction and defect characterisation, David Cherns (H.H. Wills Phys. Lab., Bristol)
- 11:50 : Electron diffuse scattering and structural flexibility, Jérôme Pacaud (Phymat, Poitiers)
- 12:20 : Pierre Stadelmann (EPFL, Lausanne)
- 13:00/14:30 : Lunch time.
- 14:30 : Symmetry considerations in TEM, Richard Portier (ENSCP, Paris)
- 15:00 : Electron crystallography by quantitative CHEF (CBED Holography Energy Filtered), Florent Houdellier (CEMES, Toulouse)
- 15:30 : The exciting journey of electron crystallography: from solving structures with glass plates to 3D electron diffraction tomography with CCD, S. Nicolopoulos (Nanomegas)
- 16:00 : From the point to the symmetry : a big deal, M. Huvé(UCCS, Lille)
- 16:30 : Coffee Break
- 17:00 : Identification of the kinematical forbidden reflections from precession electron diffraction, Gang Ji (UMET, Lille)
- 17:30 : Electron Nanodiffraction and Study of Bonding, Jian-Min Zuo (Univ. of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)
- 18:00 Closure of the day. After-work drinks
People interested should register on line on the sfmu website at http://www.sfmu.fr/ (Deadline: 7thof June 2010)
Registration fees: 60 €, including lunch, coffee breaks and after-work drinks.
How to come? All informations availble on the UMET website. The CERLA where the event will be held is located just in front of the metro station "Cité Scientifique" (Line 1 from the Lille-Flandres railway station). Access map is available here.
For more information, please contact Damien Jacob